Friday, May 25, 2007

Remember the Point of the Holiday

A friend emailed me and commented that I write a lot about the markets and investments, but wanted to know if I had any other interests. So for anyone who might be interested, I love the beach, especially reading while relaxing. I'm also into boating and gardening, as well as walking and doing my daily workout. Well, that's enough about me! I hope you all have a great Memorial Day holiday, and if you are down here in South Jersey, enjoy our beaches and boardwalks. Also, take a few minutes during your weekend to remember the reason for the holiday. There are many young men and women in harm's way, and many who have given their lives in defense of this country, throughout its history. Take some time to reflect on their sacrifices, be safe on the highways and have a wonderful weekend.

The S&P 500 still has not broken through the record we've talked about for two weeks now. It made it to within 2 points of 1,527.46 earlier this week, but closed out at 1,515.73 today. The Dow ended the week at 13,507.30 and the NASDAQ closed at 2557.20 ending a lackluser trading week. The markets will be closed on Monday for the Memorial Day Holiday, so with that said, I will signoff until we some more information to digest.

If you are interested in learning about Home Business Ideas and Opportunities, you can complete the form on my profile, or for more information visit:
http://jerseybenefits.com
http://johnkaighn.com